Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Are You Satisfied?

Last night I was trying to sleep in the Malaysian time zone, after having only just adjusted to the European time zone after Central America!

I kept waking up for no reason (which made sense, after all it wasn't time for bed yet in Paris!). At one point I woke up and God spoke one word to me: "INTIMACY"...

He burned me with His presence, and all throughout the night that word kept burning in my heart, as well as a stirred up hunger for more...

I remember last year when I would have the choice to attend between one to three services at church - on the occasional Sunday when I wasn't rostered on anything. I would go to one service, and if at the end of it I felt happy and satisfied I would take that as a hint that I shouldn't go home yet - I needed more! If I am satisfied with how much of God I have, I take that as a warning that something may be wrong. It's different to feeling satisfied with what I'm doing in life - if I'm truly living God's will for my life then I should have the ability to feel satisfied with that - meaning joyful, challenged and expectant for more! However if I feel satisfied with the level of the presence of God that I have, the encounters that I have with Him, how much time I get to spend with Him... then something in me may be dying... There is a saying that if you aren't going forward, if you aren't growing then you're actually dying...

God, I'm HUNGRY. I've tasted and I want MORE! This is what keeps me going! This is what keeps me in Love! Your presence, Your faithfulness... Your beauty, Your LOVE...

How could I forget that this is a romance? I actually know that it's a romance, but somehow, even knowing it, I've forgotten... God, stir up the hunger in me for more of You... I MUST have more of You!!! For You are the only one that satisfies....

Somehow in my life I live forgetting over and over again that it's all about Him. It ends up becoming about working for Him and doing what He wants, instead of loving Him and being in Love, and just wanting more...

This life is a delight! HE is my delight! My delight is in HIM, my maker, my JOY, my reward... My everything... Oh Jesus how we need more! We are hungry for MORE!

By the way - John 15. I can't get away from it!! ALL of it! the whole thing! and on to John 16! Have a look - its SO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment