Saturday, November 19, 2011

Songs that Draw me Deeper and Higher

"Pour My Love On You" - Misty Edwards (IHOP) (I think originally Phillips, Craig & Dean)

I don't know how to say exactly how I feel
And I can't begin to tell You what Your love has meant
I'm lost for words
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think You are
My dearest friend
Lord, this is my desire
To pour my love on You
Chorus
Like oil upon Your feet
Like wine for You to drink
Like water from my heart
I pour my love on You
If praise is like perfume
I'll lavish mine on You
Til every drop is gone
I'll pour my love on You



"Wounded One" - Davy Flowers (IHOP NightWatch Staff)

Worthy is the lamb who was slain
Who broke down the great wall of enmity and gave me His Name
How gracious is my Redeemer
King Jesus, Son of the Highest
What could I possibly give to You but the fragrance of my

Hallelujah

Holy is the man of sorrows
Destroying the works of the evil one all with Your own blood
And mercies before and behind You
Such beauty all around You
How could I ever repay You but with the fragrance of my

Hallelujah

Praise be to the Wounded One!
Glory and honour to the Son
We ascribe worth, and give love to You Lord
Let the fragrance of our love go forth!

We pour our love on You in the middle of the Night
We pour our love on You in the middle of the Night

We lift our gaze
You are higher!


(this one is coming out by the New Year on the new Night Watch album! Watch for it on iTunes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment